I am an experienced fashion & costume designer, art director, trend researcher and photographer; trained between Central Saint Martins, the London College of Fashion (University of the Arts London, UK) and LIM College (Laboratorary Institute of Merchandising, NYC, USA).
I graduated in B.A. (Hons.) Fashion Design and Communication & M.A. Costume Design for Performance and enriched my training by studying: Cool Hunting, Photography, Graphic & Editorial Design and Textile Manipulation.
For me, life is a series of interdisciplinary collaborations.
In my opinion, the key to good design would be figuring out what is worth keeping from tradition and what may be rebuilt in order to evolve, therefore my methodology is based on historical research but there are strong performative and experimental elements in my work. Overall, I aim to preserve identity by translating it into a state-of-the-art visual language.
The use and understanding of colour and texture, as well as a certain degree of abstraction are vital to my process, enabling me to engage the audience into an ‘active emotional communication’.
My career highlights:
- Finalist: Andalusia's Young Fashion Designers Contest, 'Desencaja 09'.
- Shortlisted: MA_12 London College of Fashion Exhibition.
- Fashion Designer: Fashion Freak 7 shows in Madrid & Barcelona.
- Head Costume Designer: Malta's National Theatre.
- Direction Assistant: Malta Design Week 2014.
- Trend Researcher: Trendzoom International Fashion Forecasting Service.
- Art Director: Pilar Dalbat.
- Editorial Designer: University of Granada, Spain.